A New Surgery in Sherston?
If you want to retain a GP Surgery in Sherston, then you need to support this campaign and ensure your voice is heard.
The need to secure the future of the GP surgery in Sherston was identified by the Sherston Parish Council as being of high priority for Sherston residents. The Steering Group for the Sherston Neighbourhood Plan believes that a way must be found to fund a new GP surgery, or Sherston’s GP practice is likely to be closed within 7 years.
We are now in a period of consultation on the Sherston Neighbourhood Plan and there is soon to be a referendum. There are full details and a questionnaire in the January 2017 edition of The Sherston Cliffhanger. The results of this will determine the future of the surgery in the village and it is vital that you are acquainted with the facts in order to make an informed decision.
The proposal is that a mixed use development on the Sopworth Road site comprising 45 houses could fund the construction of a new surgery.
If you want to influence whether or not a GP surgery is retained in the village for the future it is vital you know the facts and that you complete a questionnaire, to be returned to the Post Office or Tolsey Surgery by 31st January.
- The current surgery is likely to close within 7 years unless it can move into more suitable accommodation.
- The nearest GP Surgery will be at least 6 miles away.
- Our elderly and disabled patients need ground floor consulting rooms
- A new surgery will preserve the vibrancy and viability of the village
- The proposed option will
- provide more affordable housing
- secure future expansion land for the primary school
- provide land allocated for a new pre-school facility
- preserve existing green spaces elsewhere in the village
- 26 Houses are to be built in Sherston, with the possibility of further development – an extra 19 houses now will protect the village from further development and provide a new GP Surgery
If you want to take part in the consultation and have not done so already, you can download a form here and return it before 31st January either to the Surgery or the Post Office in Sherston. Please ensure that you complete you name and address details, otherwise the vote will not be valid.
Voting Paper for Consultation
Read our Newsletter "A New Surgery?" to find out more. If you still have any questions, please get in touch.
An update about our new surgery - June 2016