We aim to provide you with a high quality of service which includes:
- Routine appointments within 2 working days
- Urgent appointments the same day
- Emergencies seen immediately
- Answering the telephone promptly
- Seeing the doctor or nurse within 30 minutes of a booked appointment time and being informed of delays
- Repeat prescriptions ready within 2 working days
- Access to a range of services
- Home Visits to those in need
- Dealing with complaints quickly
Patients know that their needs with respect to confidentiality are recognised and understood by our doctors and staff.
We respect your rights to confidentiality at all times and endeavoru to treat you with sympathy and understanding.
- All staff are aware of the needs for confidentiality and have received training in this.
- The practice has guidelines covering all aspects of confidentiality.
- Breach of confidentiality is recognised grounds for disciplinary action.
- You may speak to a receptionist in private if required.
- Only you or your legal guardian will be given the results of your tests.
- The practice provides a safe environment for its staff and patients.
- We will not tolerate any compromise to our patients or staff's safety.
- The staff are trained in first aid and cardio-pulmonary rescucitation.
- The premises conform to current fire regulations
- The practice adheres to the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- CHAPERONE POLICY: Our practice can provide chaperones for examinations if requested. All our chaperones have received appropriate training.
We need to hold personal information about you on our computer system and in paper records to help us to look after your health needs, and your doctor is responsible for their accuracy and safe-keeping. Please help to keep your record up to date by informing us of any changes to your circumstances. Doctors and staff in the practice have access to your medical records to enable them to do their jobs. From time to time information may be shared with others involved in your care if it is necessary. Anyone with access to your record is properly trained in confidentiality issues and is governed by both a legal and contractual duty to keep your details private. All information about you is held securely and appropriate safeguards are in place to prevent accidental loss. In some circumstances we may be required by law to release your details to statutory or other official bodies, for example if a court order is presented, or in the case of public health issues. In other circumstances you may be required to give written consent before information is released – such as for medical reports for insurance, solicitors etc. To ensure your privacy, we will not disclose information over the telephone or fax unless we are sure that we are talking to you. Information will not be disclosed to family, friends, or spouses unless we have prior written consent, and we do not leave messages with others. You have a right to see your records if you wish. Please ask at reception if you would like further details. An appointment will be required. In some circumstances a fee may be payable.
Suggestions & Complaints
We have a formal Complaints Procedure overseen by the Practice Manager Andrew Kolenda.
If you wish to make a complaint or suggestion in confidence, please make an appointment with Andrew, either at the surgery or by telephone, or you may write to the Practice Manager at the surgery address.
We aim to respond to your complaint within five working days.