UPDATED GUIDANCE ON FACE MASKS
24th July 2022
Due to a high increase of Covid and sickness we are enforcing that all patients wear masks when coming into the practice. This is to protect you and our staff.
We would like to thank you for your understanding and support.
Dear Tolsey Surgery Patients
Practice Covid Policy – 19th July 2021
As a provider of healthcare in the local community we are mindful of both public safety, and public desire for things to 'return to normal' once the July 19th announcement is made by the Government on the step 4 easement of Covid restrictions.
At the surgery we see and treat the more vulnerable members of our community, and because of this, and the increasing rates of Covid delta variant in the population, many of our safety restrictions are required to remain in place at least until the winter season is over, to protect both you and us and keep services running locally.
- We will ask all patients and visitors to wear face masks on entering the building, and in all communal areas
- We will continue to offer an appointment only service at reception, and ask you please not to enter the building unless you have a prior appointment or agreement
- We will continue our total phone triage system where all requests for GP appointments are screened by an initial phone call
- We will continue to use the 'double door' system at the side of the building to collect prescription medication to improve the flow through in the downstairs area
- We are opening the ground floor waiting room so you may wait in the seated areas before your appointment. This space is limited so please try and arrive on time and not early for your appointment
- We are unlocking the front door, so you can come in, and check in yourself rather than waiting outside
- We are increasing the number of people allowed inside the waiting room for the dispensary
- We are looking at ways to improve the dispensary hours to help the waiting times for everyone
- We are allowing you, if you find wearing a mask difficult once you are in a consultation room, to remove it with agreement
Dr Pip Pettit – Senior Partner – The Tolsey Surgery
The Dispensary will be closed every Wednesday from 1pm until further notice. Sorry for any inconvenience.
From the 1st of April a prescription charge will be £9.35 per item
Appointments During the Coronavirus Situation
Due to the current coronavirus situation we are not booking routine or online appointments. Please telephone 01666 840270 if you feel you need to be seen. All telephone calls will be triaged by the doctor or nurse and you will be seen if it is felt to be appropriate.
Welcome to the Tolsey Surgery
Our aim at The Tolsey Surgery is to offer a personalised service for all our patients.
We make a point of getting to know each patient, and the GP's try wherever possible to be available for consultation with their patients, whether by telephone or face to face contact.
We offer true continuity of care which is at the heart of "old fashioned" general practice, whilst embracing the essential changes that are a necessary part of working in primary health care.
The Tolsey has had many uses in its long history and sits in a prime position in Sherston High Street.
The premises consist of two floors. The entrance door is wide enough for wheelchairs and the downstairs cloakroom is designed for disabled patients. There is a downstairs consulting room for disabled patients and a chairlift for those patients who have a difficulty with stairs. Ask for assistance when needed and a member of staff will be pleased to help.
Dispensary Opening Times
Current Dispensary Hours are:
10.00 - 13.00
15.00 - 18.00
CLOSED WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON